The IAB presented on the 21st April the results of their annual Mobile Landscape Survey*. Key takeouts for the mobile advertising industry in 2015:
- 66% of respondents use programmatic buying and a further 23% are planning to use it this year.
- Audience size, case studies and insights are the current pain points for marketers with 77% saying they’d like to be able to see more case studies.
- 50% of people are using native advertising and 75% plan to use it in the next 12 months.
- Media buyers are expecting to use mobile video in 43% of their mobile campaigns in the next 12 months.
- Satisfaction from media buyers on the effectiveness of mobile advertising has increased YOY to 93%.
- 50% of top AU companies still don’t have a mobile site.
- 41% of the market now see mobile as a significant part of their marketing for 2015.
The panel composed of Yahoo 7, Mi9, Big Mobile & AdRoll representatives raised the following topics of interests:
- publishers need to get better at selling mobile so that it’s compelling
- mobile first campaigns are emerging
5 key trends in mobile creativity: utility, new platforms, revenue / margin, creation and showcasing technology & reach
campaigns will become more about users and less about the device
focus will be on video and targeting.*Source: IAB Australia